On January 2nd, 2018 the Waterbury Police Department began investigating a shooting incident at 300 and 400 Grand Street in downtown Waterbury. It was determined that the incident occurred between two known street gangs from Waterbury. The ATM street gang which has been having ongoing issues with another street gang known as 960. The issues include numerous incidents involving firearms and incidents in which several people have been shot and even killed. The Waterbury Police Gang Task Force has been actively investigating these two gangs and have established an extensive list of known members.
Through investigative means and the processing of evidence members of the Gang Task Force were able to apply for and were granted an arrest warrant charging Derrick Fogle (DOB 1/15/97), a known ATM gang member, with the following crimes;
- Criminal Attempt @ Assault in the First Degree in violation of C.G.S. 53a-49@53a-59
- Criminal Possession of a Firearm in violation of C.G.S. 53a-217
- Illegal Discharge of a Firearm in violation of C.G.S. 53-203
- Reckless Endangerment in the First Degree in violation of 53a-63
- Carrying a Pistol Without a Permit in violation of C.G.S. 29-35
- Illegal Transfer or Sale of a Pistol or Revolver in violation of C.G.S. 29-33
- Criminal Use of a Weapon in violation of C.G.S. 53a-216
The arrest warrant was served on Fogle on 08-14-2018 at Police Headquarters. Fogle’s next court date is October 03, 018 in Waterbury Superior Court. The investigation is still active and more arrests are anticipated.