Local employers joined United Way of Greater Waterbury to take action against hunger raising a record 11,435 pounds of food during the 2013 Stock the Pantry.
Stock the Pantry Co-Chairs Julee Gugliotti & Marysia Walker of Worx Branding & Advertising and Greg Jacobi of Webster Bank announced the total pounds of food raised before the free film screening of A Place at the Table at Naugatuck Valley Community College on United Way’s Day of Action.
Over 400,000 CT residents struggle with hunger, nearly 1 in 5 children do not always know where their next meal is coming from and more than 1/3 of food insecure households report having to choose between food and other basic needs such as rent, utilities or medical care.
The annual Stock the Pantry food drive helps alleviate the challenges of those facing food insecurity in our community during the summer months.
Thank You to everyone who participated in this years Day of Action to Stock the Pantry!
•Ms. Julee Gugliotti, Worx Branding & Advertising
• Mr. Greg Jacobi, Webster Bank
•Ms. Marysia Walker, Worx Branding & Advertising
Donors & Participants:
1. Albert Bros., Inc.
2. Bank of America
3. Bentley Systems Incorporated
4. Biondi & Rosengrant, LLC
5. Ms. Ellen Brotherton
6. Carmody & Torrance, LLP
7. Chemtura Corporation
8. Connecticut Legal Services
9. Council of Governments of the CNV
10. Crystal Rock
11. Family Services of Greater Waterbury
12. The Federation, Jewish Communities of Western Connecticut
13. General Mills
14. Independence Center
15. Ms. Jennifer J’Anthony
16. The Jacobi Family
17. John J. Driscoll United Labor Agency
18. MacDermid Incorporated
19. The Mattatuck Museum
20. Mental Health Association of Connecticut
21. Mr. Frank Monteiro
22. Naugatuck Savings Bank
23. Northwest Workforce Development Board
24. The Palace Theater
25. The Platt Brothers & Company
26. Post University
28. Savings Bank of Danbury
29. Ms. Jill Schoenfuss
30. ShopRite of Waterbury
31. ShopRite of Waterbury Shoppers
32. Sierra & Westwood Sutherland
33. State of Connecticut, Department of Labor
34. State of Connecticut, Department of Social Services
35. Thomaston Savings Bank
36. Timex Group USA, Inc.
37. Ms. Diane Toolan
39. Traver IDC
40. United Way of Greater Waterbury
41. US Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth
42. VNA Health at Home
43. Waterbury Development Corporation
44. Waterbury Regional Chamber
45. Webster Bank
46. Wesson Energy
47. Worx Branding & Advertising
Special Thank You To:
•Connecticut Food Bank
• End Hunger Connecticut!
• Naugatuck Valley Community College
•New Opportunities, Inc.
• Participant Media
•ShopRite of Waterbury
• WATR 1320 AM