Waterbury Youth Agencies may participate in the Bicycle Boost Program through Waterbury on Wheels. All of the Youth-serving agencies in the area will have the opportunity to provide free bicycles and helmets to children K-4 th grade. Pay close attention-the cutoff date to submit applications for Bicycle Boost is SEPTEMBER 7th . 150 bicycles will be awarded to eligible nominees.
• Agency must complete the attached electronic application and submit via email, no printed or manual applications will be accepted — The deadline is September 7th — First-come/First served
• Each agency can nominate up to 30 children for Bicycle Boost, even multiple children from the same family, however EACH CHILD must be nominated INDIVIDUALLY
• The bikes and helmets will be presented to the nominees at the Waterbury On Wheels bicycle safety awareness event on September 23
• Nominations may only come from agencies with a Bridge to Success Partnership Agreement in effect as of the application date*
Contact Jim O’Rourke, Executive Director, YMCA of Greater Waterbury – 203.754.9622
* Questions about Bridge to Success Partnership Agreement: There are several advantages of becoming a Bridge to Success partner including participating in collaborative opportunities such as the Kids on Wheels. Please contact Kris Durante, Coordinator, Bridge to Success at (203) 754-0040 or by email at Coordinator@WaterburyBTS.orgto become a Bridge to Success partner.