Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
“An American Tapestry” by Waterbury Chorale
On Sunday, April 22nd at 4PM the Waterbury Chorale will present “An American Tapestry”, a performance that will feature music composed by some of our nation’s great musical giants. This presentation will take place at the First Congregational Church of Waterbury at 222 West Main Street and feature Waterbury soprano Marissa Famiglietti.
Ms. Famiglietti concluded a very exciting 2009-2010 season, including guest soloist appearances with the Dean Karahlis Pops Orchestra in the Town of Oyster Bay, NY, the Opera Theater of Connecticut and the Hillhouse Opera Company, conducted by legendary tenor Perry Price. She has joined renowned tenor, Michael Amante as a guest soloist and duet partner on several of his concert engagements.
The Chorale will perform works by George Gershwin, a medley from “Porgy and Bess”, and Leonard Bernstein, “Make our Garden Grow” from “Candide”. Composers Randall Thompson, Moses Hogan, Aaron Copland, Ron Kean and several others will be featured.
Tickets are on sale for $20, $25 at the door and can be purchased by calling 203-206-8069. They can also be purchased from any Chorale member.