Community Bulletin Board
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
- 25th Anniversary of the Rivera Memorial Foundation Scholarship Awards Banquet
- Dog Listener coming to Silas Bronson February 21st
- The Wildest Opens TONIGHT at Seven Angels Theatre
- New Opportunities Announces Kickoff of Buy a Wheel Campaign
- Waterbury Cadet Matthew DiBlanda Takes Command
- Waterbury Firefighters Bring Warmth to Jonathon Reed Students
- LOCAL CIVIL AIR PATROL OFFICERS ARE PART OF HISTORIC ROCKET LAUNCH
- Quilts that Care Meeting on Feb.2nd
- Influential Business CEO Speaker Series
Post University Dean named to City Boards
Dr. James Nardozzi, Dean of Post College and Director of the University’s Master of Public Administration program, has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Waterbury Regional Chamber of Commerce’s “Main Street Waterbury” downtown revitalization program.
“Main Street Waterbury” is a revitalization and management program for the downtown district that has been an initiative of the Chamber since 2003, and a representative from Post University has been on the Board since its inception. The program is part of a coast-to-coast movement led by the National Trust Main Street Center that has established nearly 2,000 community programs across the country during the past two decades. Together, these programs have produced an investment in traditional commercial districts of more than $10 billion and spurred the rehabilitation of countless historic structures, while providing space for tens of thousands of new businesses and creating hundreds of thousands of new jobs for local citizens.
Prior to joining Post University, Dr. Nardozzi taught at the University of New Haven, Nova Southeastern University, Sacred Heart University, and Naugatuck Valley Community College. He is also a Certified Police Instructor in the State of Connecticut, and a retired Deputy Chief of Police of the Waterbury, Connecticut Police Department.
Carl Rosa, CEO of “Main Street Waterbury, says it is “extremely important, particularly now with Post University’s plans for expansion and growth in the Waterbury community, to have the University’s continued involvement with the program. We think Jim is a perfect fit, not only because he is a native of Waterbury but because of his past experience with the Waterbury police department and his position at Post.”
Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields. Located in Waterbury, Conn., Post University provides a wide array of degree programs for on-campus and online students of all ages. It is known for its quality, career-driven academic programs, small classes, and competitive NCAA Division II athletics. Its more than 9,500 full- and part-time students come from the United States and abroad, and are supported by faculty whose mission is to prepare students to compete and succeed in today’s global workplace. To learn more about Post University, visit www.post.edu or call 800-345-2562