Community Bulletin Board
- Book Signing Supports Sacred Heart
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
Free Photography Classes at Library
Want to brush up on your photography skills in time for the holidays? Professional photographer Ron DiLaurenzio, who has exhibited his work twice at the Silas Bronson Library, will present two free classes in December in the Main Reading Room of the library, 267 Grand St., on Tuesday, December 6 and Tuesday, December 13 at 6:00 p.m.
“Crash Course in DSLR (Digital Single-Lens Reflex) Photography,” which will take place on December 6, is designed for those who are “moving up” from a point-and-shoot or camera phone and want to get the best photos with the more complex technology. It is also for the experienced film photographer who is struggling (as DiLaurenzio admits he once did) to use this “newfangled” technology. The 105-minute class will help familiarize students with camera terms and functions needed to take great photos. DiLaurenzio will also refer students to the appropriate sources for more information on post processing, printing, and other topics beyond the scope of the course.
“Pointers on Point-and-Shoot and Phone Cameras,” to be presented December 13, will focus on improving skills with phone or basic point-and-shoot cameras. DiLaurenzio will also discuss what can be done with photos beyond sharing them on Facebook/Pinterest/Instagram, etc, and when and why one might want to consider upgrading to a more advanced camera - or stay with the one you have!
The Silas Bronson Library is the public library of the City of Waterbury. Located at 267 Grand Street, the Library is open Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Saturdays from Labor Day to Memorial Day, 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. For more information, please visit www.bronsonlibrary.org.