Community Bulletin Board
- Waterbury Girls Club Seeks Alumnae
- Toy Drive at New Opportunities, Inc.
- Films on Civil Rights at Historical Society
- Waterbury Speed Skater trains for '18 Olympics
- 'Hearts for Holy Land' Raises $1,300
- Habitat for Humanity Announces New Director
- Food Network Winners Champion 'Dora's Hope'
- Miracle on 34th Street at Thomaston Opera House
- “Click It Or Ticket” for Seat Belt Use
- New Opportunities Inc. Toy Drive
- Palace Theater Announces December Shows
- Dr. Lavoie Speaks at Forman School
“Give Kids a Smile” served Local Children
StayWell Health Center is pleased to announce another successful Give Kids a Smile Day in Waterbury for 2013. The event took place on February 2nd at StayWell Health Center’s South End location. Through the Waterbury Oral Health Collaborative, over 25 children were able to receive free dental services. Children from Waterbury, Naugatuck, Southington, and Oakville were able to receive services.
The dental services were made possible through the donation of time by over 50 volunteers. These volunteers were from several organizations in the Waterbury area including: StayWell Health Center, DynoBites Smiles, Kaynor Technical High School, Lincoln College, St. Mary’s Hospital, Northwestern CT AHEC Youth Health Service Corps, CHCACT Community HealthCorps, and Waterbury Dental Care, P.C. These volunteers made it possible to see all of the children scheduled and one walk-in patient in an efficient and organized event.
Give Kids a Smile is a national initiative that has helped thousands of children receive dental care. Waterbury has hosted the event for over 5 years, helping dozens of area children.