Community Bulletin Board
- Riverhouse Café @ The MATT Opens
- New Comedy by Local Theater Group
- Elizabeth Esty Works to Prohibit e-cigarette Ads
- Half Marathon & 5K for Local Charities
- 'Energize CT' Announces Student Contest
- Palace Theater Announces May Events
- Workshop on Container Gardening at Library
- 'Light It Blue' for Autism Awareness
- UNICO's Charlie Lanza Memorial Dinner
- Tickets Available for 'Inspiration' Fundraiser
- Waterbury Energized by Green Award Grant
- Knights of Columbus Spelling Bee Winners
“Give Kids a Smile” served Local Children
StayWell Health Center is pleased to announce another successful Give Kids a Smile Day in Waterbury for 2013. The event took place on February 2nd at StayWell Health Center’s South End location. Through the Waterbury Oral Health Collaborative, over 25 children were able to receive free dental services. Children from Waterbury, Naugatuck, Southington, and Oakville were able to receive services.
The dental services were made possible through the donation of time by over 50 volunteers. These volunteers were from several organizations in the Waterbury area including: StayWell Health Center, DynoBites Smiles, Kaynor Technical High School, Lincoln College, St. Mary’s Hospital, Northwestern CT AHEC Youth Health Service Corps, CHCACT Community HealthCorps, and Waterbury Dental Care, P.C. These volunteers made it possible to see all of the children scheduled and one walk-in patient in an efficient and organized event.
Give Kids a Smile is a national initiative that has helped thousands of children receive dental care. Waterbury has hosted the event for over 5 years, helping dozens of area children.