Community Bulletin Board
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
- 25th Anniversary of the Rivera Memorial Foundation Scholarship Awards Banquet
- Dog Listener coming to Silas Bronson February 21st
- The Wildest Opens TONIGHT at Seven Angels Theatre
“Give Kids a Smile” served Local Children
StayWell Health Center is pleased to announce another successful Give Kids a Smile Day in Waterbury for 2013. The event took place on February 2nd at StayWell Health Center’s South End location. Through the Waterbury Oral Health Collaborative, over 25 children were able to receive free dental services. Children from Waterbury, Naugatuck, Southington, and Oakville were able to receive services.
The dental services were made possible through the donation of time by over 50 volunteers. These volunteers were from several organizations in the Waterbury area including: StayWell Health Center, DynoBites Smiles, Kaynor Technical High School, Lincoln College, St. Mary’s Hospital, Northwestern CT AHEC Youth Health Service Corps, CHCACT Community HealthCorps, and Waterbury Dental Care, P.C. These volunteers made it possible to see all of the children scheduled and one walk-in patient in an efficient and organized event.
Give Kids a Smile is a national initiative that has helped thousands of children receive dental care. Waterbury has hosted the event for over 5 years, helping dozens of area children.