Community Bulletin Board
- 'Brass Valley: Made in America' Exhibit
- IMTI Installs Solar Panel System
- Local Senators support Firefighter Fundraiser
- Sacred Heart H.S. Names Top Students
- Summer Exhibits at the Mattatuck Museum
- Connecticut Museum Open House Day~June 8
- Waterbury Health Care Council Awards
- NAMI announces T-Shirt Contest Winner
- Dolce Fundraiser for Cardiology Center, 6/29
- StayWell Receives Patient-Centered Certification
- American Jazz at Museum’s 1st Thursday
- Palace Theater's 2013-14 Broadway Series
Call on Youth Program for Summer Help
New Opportunities, Inc. is looking for businesses/non-profits in Waterbury and Naugatuck to participate in the 2012 Summer Youth Employment Program. Through the Northwest Regional Workforce Investment Board, NOI will have to place approximately 145 youth in suitable work-stations or sites to provide the youth with a meaningful work experience. Jobs include filing, answering telephones, office assistance, light office cleaning, outdoor maintenance and classroom assistance.
The youth, age 14 to 21, work 20 hours a week from July 9th until August 17th. They can work any four-hour block between 8am and 5pm. The youth receive the minimum hourly wage and are responsible for getting to and from the worksite.
The potential business or agency can request as many youth as needed. As a workstation, there is no-cost or liability to the business or agency. The worksite is responsible for on-site supervision, confirmation of weekly timesheet, and evaluating youth performance at end of program. New Opportunities, Inc. is responsible for paying the youth and distributing their paychecks. The agency's Summer Youth Employment Coordinator handles any on-site issues including injuries, job performance and attendance.
For more information, contact Cat Leogrande at 203.575.4316 firstname.lastname@example.org.