Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
Woodbury Teen Publishes 1st Novel
Eighteen-year-old Mike Clemens of Woodbury has published his first novel. The new young-adult genre author delivers a fascinating story of love, loss and the search to find the underlying meaning of a friendship cut short. In his debut novel entitled My Dying Wish, Clemens creatively weaves a compelling and heart-felt tale of a young man’s quest to fulfill his recently deceased friend’s fondest wish, while simultaneously searching his own soul for a way to relieve the guilt of things both spoken and unspoken.
Touching and at times laugh-out-loud- funny, the author craftily wields his words with the skill of a much more seasoned writer. He is successful in striking that delicate balance between entertainment and moving rhetoric. Set in the fictitious and aptly named town of EdenGrove, the author shows us that life’s next path begins (or begins again) when we decide to take the journey.
“I wanted to create a story that really speaks to people,” says Clemens. “I think that it’s important to tell a story that people can relate to and this novel’s central issue is certainly one that will affect us all. To me the book is over and above anything else, a celebration of friendship and the interesting and unique cast of characters that help a kid come to grips with losing a friend. It is a heavy subject, but overall I think a hopeful story.”
My Dying Wish is published by CreateSpace and is available on Amazon as both a printed edition and a Kindle download.
Clemens is a 2011 graduate of Nonnewaug High School and is currently a student at Siena College in Loudonville, NY. To learn more about the author, please visit www.mikeclemensbooks.com.