Community Bulletin Board
- 'Brass Valley: Made in America' Exhibit
- IMTI Installs Solar Panel System
- Local Senators support Firefighter Fundraiser
- Sacred Heart H.S. Names Top Students
- Summer Exhibits at the Mattatuck Museum
- Connecticut Museum Open House Day~June 8
- Waterbury Health Care Council Awards
- NAMI announces T-Shirt Contest Winner
- Dolce Fundraiser for Cardiology Center, 6/29
- StayWell Receives Patient-Centered Certification
- American Jazz at Museum’s 1st Thursday
- Palace Theater's 2013-14 Broadway Series
Raffle Winners at Palace Theater
Lady Luck was smiling down on eight winners, who took home the top prizes in the Palace Theater’s 2012 Annual Fund Raffle drawing during the venue’s film themed, end-of-the-year fundraising event, “Keys Goes to the Movies,” on Saturday, June 2.
After four months of entries totaling 1,007 tickets, the winners were randomly selected in a live drawing held on the Palace stage. The raffle, which kicked-off at the end of January, was spear-headed by the theater’s Development Committee, Board of Directors and a cadre of volunteers, raising $25,175 for the not-for-profit organization’s 2012 Annual Fund.
Grand Prize winner James Smith of Middlebury won the highly coveted eight day / seven night tropical vacation for two to the Hotel Villas Playas in Costa Rica, inclusive of a $750 Largay Travel gift certificate for airfare.
Other winners include second prize winners Carol Mastrantonio and Pat Gillis of Prospect, who took home an Apple iPad; third prize winner Pam Amenta of Bristol, who won a weekend getaway for two to the Jailhouse Inn in Newport, R.I.; fourth prize winner James Manger of Waterbury, who won a $700 professional teeth whitening gift certificate from the offices of Lisa Seabra-Veiga, DMD; fifth prize winner - Al Vagnini of Middlebury, who took home a $500 gift certificate to LaBonne’s Market; Maureen Piccochi of Waterbury, who won $250 to Adam Broderick Salon and Spa; Carol Gatzuras of Waterbury, who won a $250 Palace Theater gift certificate; and James Petrosky of Waterbury, who took home a pair of tickets to Red Sox vs. Yankees game at Fenway Park.