Community Bulletin Board
- ACTS 4 MINISTRY BOARD OF DIRECTORS WELCOMES THREE NEW MEMBERS
- Agriculture in Waterbury?
- WATERBURY GREEN TO BE WIRED FOR WIFI
- Looking to fill Gas Utility Foreman and Experienced Operator and CDL Driver Positions!
- To Kick Off National Poison Prevention Week, Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty Introduces Bill to Prevent Liquid Nicotine Poisoning
- Donate Blood in April for National Volunteer Month
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
it should talk about the neighborhood sections, maybe a picture. and a request to email you with content or pictures.
After listening to dozens of members of Waterbury's black community speak out in support of Dr. Portia Bonner, a black woman who was born and raised in Waterbury, the Board of Education voted 7-3 to hire Dr. Kathleen Ouellette as the new Superintendent of Schools in Waterbury. The board members who voted for Ouellette cited her strong track record of experience as the deciding factor.
Black Leaders Call Press Conference To Protest Hiring Of White Superintendent Of Waterbury Schools, WOW Center, 5PM
Press Conference Today!!! WOW LEARNING CENTER
Location: 304 Walnut Street
Time: 5:00 PM
Date: Today 4 August 2011
Contact: Jimmie Griffin, Convenor at 203-577-8084
The Boys & Girls Club will be holding its 1st Annual Eat, Drink & BE GREAT Event at the Ponte Club on Sunday September 18th from noon-5pm. Tickets to the Event are $35 for adults $15 for kids which includes unlimited hamburgers, hotdogs, soda and beer. There will be raffles and a DJ. Tickets can be purchased at the Club, on our website bgcgwater.org or at the door on the day of the Event.
The 16th Annual Wilby High Sports Alumni Reunion, Athletes/Coaches/Cheerleaders will be held Sunday, September 11 at 11:00am at Cavallo's Crestbrook, Crestbrook Golf Club, Northfield Road, in Watertown, CT.
State Representative Selim Noujaim (R-74) this week sent a letter to Senators Joseph Lieberman and Richard Blumenthal and Congressman Chris Murphy asking for their help in preserving Waterbury’s post office branches.
The following alert was blasted out through e-mails and social network sites Sunday afternoon from Joshua Angelus, the President of the Waterbury Neighborhood Council.
Protect our Neighborhoods and our Quality of Life: Purchase Open Space
Acquisition of passive open space property should be a goal of the City of Waterbury in order to enhance the quality of life of all residents and to avoid overdevelopment of the limited remaining land. This effort should include acquisition of certain proposed condominium and apartment development properties such as Western Woods on Park Road (133.68 acres, open space value $1,750,000), Stonebridge Commons on Highland Avenue (38 acres, estimated open space value $500,000) and Essex Ridge on Suffolk Street (9 acres, estimated open space value $118,000). --- Waterbury Neighborhood Council
If you litter in Waterbury, you can expect your wallet to be lightened by $219. That’s the message from Waterbury Police Chief Michael Gugliotti, who announced a summer long police initiative to crack down on litterbugs in the Brass City. “Through this initiative," Gugliotti said, "we intend to educate the public of the litter problem here in Waterbury while also taking enforcement action against litter violators."